The ST Foundation operates through five key categories of highly dedicated people ready to do their best to support and promote the Digital Unify Program.
- Board members: actual and former STMicroelectronics directors or corporate vice-presidents and a Swiss lawyer. They set the strategic guidelines to implement new projects and work pro-bono putting their experience at the service of the Foundation. They take part to field operations and operate in field missions as country or region representatives. Their mandate lasts three years and can be renovated or suspended anytime.
The full description of the board members’ profile is available in the dedicated biographies’ section as of December 31, 2017
Pasquale Pistorio, Honorary Chairman
The Board is operationally supported by:
- Operations senior consultant: appointed by the Board she/he is responsible for the project management in all the countries of intervention and for coordinating volunteers’ activities. She/he is in charge of all the networking, communication and support activities, reporting directly to the president and to the Board members. To date, Giovanna Bottani is the person in charge.
- The country representatives: either Board members or ST volunteers, formally appointed by the president in agreement with the board, in charge of specific areas of intervention. To date, they are: Patrice Chastagner (Morocco), Mauro Decca (Equatorial Africa), Alain Dutheil (France), Renato Sirtori (Far East Asia), and Enrico Riva (Americas, Italy and Sierra Leone).
- Local representatives: in the key areas of intervention, they are the operative arm of the Headquarter and are responsible for the selection, monitoring of possible new partners. They all report directly to the Headquarter and to the country representatives.
- Volunteers: ST volunteers are the engine of the Digital Unify Program. They are directly involved in all possible activities such as teaching, training DU trainers in the intervention areas, updating the Informatics and Computer Basics Manuals, and assisting the Foundation in expanding the coverage of the Program