ST Foundation’s mission is primarily to develop, coordinate and sponsor projects, that employ the use of modern sciences and high technology to promote human progress and sustainable development of less privileged communities around the world.
- develops, coordinates, and sponsors projects that through the use of modern sciences and/or high technology can contribute to improve the living conditions of less privileged communities around the world. Priority areas of intervention are education, health, environment and sustainable development.
- operates in one or both of the following geographical regions: in developing countries in which there is a need to overcome social, economic, and technological inequalities to achieve human progress and economic growth; in countries where STMicroelectronics has a strong presence, including specific areas of developed countries where economic distress still persist.
- wants to share and build on values of social and environmental responsibility amongst corporations and individuals operating in an ever shrinking global village.
- seeks to encourage the culture of non-profit, of donation and of volunteerism amongst STMicroelectronics employees, through actions such as the creation of gift matching campaigns and the involvement of volunteer participation of STMicroelectronics employees worldwide in ST Foundation’s projects.
- also supports selected projects of deserving NGOs in the field of sustainable development and ICT for development, and in exceptional cases contributions for emergency reliefaid.
- has chosen not to fund or sponsor the following:
- individual scholarships or other forms of individual financial assistance
- political or lobbying groups, candidates, or campaign
- sport-related sponsorships
- fund-raising events, dinners, conferences, or receptions