Pilot test of the Tablet for Kids in Senegal
The ST Foundation is glad to announce that the Tablet 4 Kids course has reached Senegal. The pilot test began on March 26 2018 when 16 students started discovering for the first time how to use this precious tool.
The course was organized in Thies, a city near Dakar, where Giovanna Bottani trained for a full week a first group of instructors while teaching to the kids (a group of children aged between 9 and 13 years old coming from nearby schools).
The course was presented in the following way:
- The first challenge for them was to become journalists with the help of their new friend: the tablet.
- On the second day they learned how to become artists. They prepared amazing drawings and had fun!
- On the third day kids discovered how to use word becoming party organizers.
- On the fourth day they became detectives and learned how to use Google to find information.
- Finally, on the fifth day they became tourist guides learning how to use the full potential of Google improving languages and their knowledge.
The feedback received was extremely positive. Children, trainers and partners were enthusiastic on its content. After the end of this test the manual will be revised according to the collected ideas and feedbacks and then the course will be officially launched in the country.