PILOT TEST OF THE TABLET FOR KIDS IN SIERRA LEONE
After the success the Tablet 4 Kids course is having in Africa, it was decided to begin a pilot test of the course in Sierra Leone too. It began on September 24 2018 when 18 students began discovering for the first time how to use this precious tool.
The course was organized at the J.T. Reffel School of Freetown, where Giovanna Bottani trained for a full week a first group of instructors while teaching to the kids (a group of children aged between 9 and 13 years old).
The course was presented in the following way:
- First approach to tablets: the kids become journalists
- More in-depth use of the tool becoming artists
- On the third day the kids start learning how to write “working” as party organizers
- On the fourth day the kids become detectives and understand how to use Google
- At the end of the first week they play the role of tourists to understand how to learn languages through Google
Their reactions were positive and enthusiastic. All the feedbacks received during the testing phase have been embedded in the manual and now the course can be further cascaded in the country.